Posts for: March, 2016
Every year, March 17th marks St. Patrick's day. Here are some little known facts about this widely celebrated, Irish holiday:
1) St. Patrick was not from Ireland, he was from Wales.
2) For many years, blue was the color most often associated with St. Patrick. Green was considered unlucky. St. Patrick’s blue was considered symbolic of Ireland for many centuries and the Irish Presidential Standard is still blue.
3) Chicago, Illinois has been celebrating Saint Patrick by dumping green dye into the Chicago River since 1962. It takes 40 tons of dye to get the river to a suitably festive shade!
4) All of the Saint Patrick’s Day revelry around the globe is great news for brewers. A 2012 estimate pegged the total amount spent on beer for Saint Patrick’s Day celebrations at $245 million. And that’s before tips to pubs’ bartenders.
5) The shamrock, pot-of-gold, and leprechauns are also associated with St. Patrick’s Day. The shamrock was worn as a badge on the lapel. Three is Ireland’s magic number and the three petals that make up the shamrock are supposed to bring good luck. The three leaves also represent the Trinity in the Christian religion.
6) A little-known fact from Irish lore: Leprechauns earned that gold they’re guarding. According to legend, leprechauns spend their days making and mending shoes. It’s hard work, so you can’t blame them for being territorial about their pots of gold!
7) St. Patrick’s Day has become a holiday all around the world and for one day out of the year anyone can be Irish and join in the celebration.
Woodbridge Family Dentistry 22191, 22192, 22193
This week is Dental Assistants Recognition Week!
This week, we would like to acknowledge and appreciate our hard-working assistants:
Michelle, Head Dental Assistant
Michelle was born and raised in Northern Virginia. She has a natural ability to quickly pick up on new procedures as well as having a friendly personality. She is responsible for all the operations in the clinical aspect of assisting the Doctors and Hygienists. She is also responsible for the sterilization of all instruments and equipment, handling the ordering of supplies as well as being the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) representative for our office. Michelle's goal is to make your visit as relaxing as possible greeting every patient with a smile.
Her interests include spending time with family and friends, playing soccer, and taking care of her dog.
John (J.R.), Dental Assistant, Graphic Artist
As a dental assistant, John is dedicated to establishing positive and caring relationships with our patients while providing exceptional service and quality dental care. He loves getting to know the patients and making a difference in their lives by helping to meet their dental goals and needs. Aside from assisting duties, John is responsible for office marketing and photography, and managing the office website. John also enjoys working with funny, caring, and dedicated people every day.
When not in the office John enjoys pursuing graphic arts and photography, going to various sporting events, and spending time with his family and new wife.